Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme ( TEQIP)
The main objectives of the scheme are:
- Academic Excellence in Teaching and Research
- Improved Teaching & Learning Practices
- Faculty Development
- Students and Staff Training
- Community services and out reach activities
- Tribal Development
Life Time allocation : 150.246 Millions
Books and LRs
Training/Study Tours/Workshops/ Conferences
Impact of TEQIP:
- Introduced Six New PG Programmes (with an intake of 18 students in each).
- Student-Faculty ratio improved from 1:15 to 1:12 (36 Faculty Members and 28 Academic Consultants were recruited ).
- With enhanced quality of teachers the college has received R&D projects from various agencies & industry worth Rs. 60 Millions (Astra Microwave products, Analog devices, AICTE, DST etc).
- Consultancy activity has geared up to the tune of worth Rs. 25 Millions.
- IRG earned through consultancy and self-financed programmes enabled the college to sustain TEQIP activities.
- Pass percentage increased from 86 % to 95%.
- The placement has increased to 98%.
- 60 Faculty members and 8 supporting staff are sent for training at National and International level with an average duration of 5 days.
- 541 Research papers presented at National level by 75 faculty members.
- 140 papers presented at International Conferences by 48 faculty members.
- Organized 103 Workshops/Training Programmes /Seminars/Conferences.
Achievements under TEQIP :
- 8 New Labs Established.
- 10 Labs Modernized.
- 8 Central facilities created.
Digital Library: Established digital library with 30 Pentium systems with 2 MBPS bandwidth connectivity and accessing 257 journals and books in various disciplines on line.
e-Learning Centre :Established Learning Resources Centre (LRC) with Modern Audio/Video and Multimedia facilities to enable the students to learn the subjects through self face learning methodology.
7- e-class rooms : Established Learning Resources Centre (LRC) with Modern Audio/Video and Multimedia facilities to enable the students to learn the subjects through self face learning methodology.
Central Facilities Created :
- Central Computing Centre (CCC)
- Campus Wide Networking (CWN)
- Server Farm
- CAD Lab
- CFD Lab
- Instrumentation Centre
- Internet Laboratory
Civil Works :
- Created Technology Development Centre (TDC) with an area of 3000 sq.m
- Facilities created in TDC :
- Central computing centre (CCC)
- CAD Lab
- CFD Lab
- Instrumentation Lab
- Placement Cell
- Industry Institute Hub
- Central E-Class rooms 2
- 500 Capacity Auditorium
- Incubation Centre
TEQIP Team :
- Prof. S. Ramachandram, Project Co-ordinator
- Dr. Gopal Naik, Nodal Officer (Academic)
- Mr. E. Vidyasagar, Nodal Officer (Procurement)
- Dr. K. Shyamala, Nodal Officer (Finance)
- Dr. A. Krishnaiah, Nodal Officer (M & E)
- Sri. K. Yudhveer Goud, Assistant Registrar
- Sri. K. R. Vinod Kumar, Accountant
- Mr. S.G. Mallikarjun, Jr. Programmer
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax No: 040-27070895