Vision & Mission
- The Vision of the Institute is to generate and disseminate knowledge through a harmonious blending of Science, Engineering and Technology. To serve the society by developing a modern technology in students' heightened intellectual, cultural, ethical and humane sensitivities, fostering a scientific temper and promoting professional and technological expertise.
- To achieve excellence in Teaching and Research
- To generate, disseminate and preserve knowledge
- To enable empowerment through knowledge and information
- Advancement of knowledge in Engineering, Science and Technology
- Promote learning in free thinking and innovative environment
- Cultivate skills, attitudes to promote knowledge creation
- Rendering socially relevant technical services for the community
- To impart new skills of technology development
- To inculcate entrepreneurial talents and technology appreciation programmes
- Technology transfer and incubation
1. Educational basis for the Establishment of University College of Engineering
- The University College of Engineering (Autonomous), a premier institution of the Osmania University which came into being in the year 1929, and it perceives its mission as follows :
- to meet the short and long - term engineering man power needs for social, industrial and economic development of the region and the nation, through teaching and research, industrial consultancy and community service.
- to promote learning in an environment conducive to free thinking and the promotion of innovation.
- to cultivate the skills, attitudes and habits of life-long learning, so as to be well prepared to adapt to a rapidly evolving society and the continued demands for new knowledge and skills.
- to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in engineering science and technology, as well as to provide new and deeper understanding of the engineering processes implicit in nature, and for the solution of engineering problems to make human living more comfortable.
- to provide to the public and the government, justification for financial support to teaching and research, based on the benefits accruing to the community and the region.
- to strive to be exemplary in the careful and judicious management of these resources, and thereby to warrant the trust of the public, parents and students, alumni and friends.
- to be judged by the highest standards of teaching and research, ethics and integrity, morality and humanism.
The University College of Engineering (Autonomous) (UCE-A) through its academic programmes, is committed to the State of Andhra Pradesh as well as to the Country, to contribute to :
Basic Development: Water-conservation and flood-control; Uninterrupted Electrical Power availability in urban and rural regions through conventional and alternate energy- power systems; Delivery of Health-care through appropriate technology; Urban and Rural transportation; Electronic Communication and Computation; Rural Community Engineering to nurture resource and industrial development, to in turn support the establishment of community services, so as to raise living standards conducive to retention of rural population.
Hi-tech Development: CAD/CAM and Robotics, Computer Networking and Hi-Speed Computing, Energy Distribution, Fibre-Optics and Mobile Communications, Pollution Control, High-Speed Rail Travel, Remote-Sensing, Missile and Satellite navigation, VLSI Design, Medical Technology.
These objectives are realized through:
- Undergraduate programmes, that focus on the development of engineering foundations and skills so that the students can work competently in industry and Government-Engineering Departments and have the requisite background for post-graduate studies.
- Postgraduate programmes, that prepare students to contribute to advances in engineering developments in the industry and for the community, through courses (in M.E/M.Tech. Degree programmes) as well as by research (M.S.)
- Doctoral programmes, that provide opportunities to pursue research, to carry out independent investigation, to innovate and invent, and to make significant contribution to advances in Engineering Science and Technology.
- Consultancy and Technology Development and Transfer by which the College applies its specialized skills and expertise to solve industrial problems, develop and transfer new technology to industry and thereby contribute to industrial development.