DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Phone No.: 040-2709 8628, 2768 2382
The Department of Electrical Engineering started in 1949 to offer B.E in Electrical Engineering. Presently, the Department is offering B.E. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering. Continuing Education for employed diploma holders was started in 1963 through the four-year Part-Time Degree course in Electrical Engineering; The Post-graduate course in Electrical Machines was started in 1966. Later, in the year 1987, B.E in Instrumentation was offered.
With a view to provide diversity and industrial orientation to the Post Graduate program, currently the Department is offering M.E. courses in Industrial Drives & Control and Power Systems, which were introduced in 1971. Department also offers part time PG courses in Industrial Drives & Control and Power Systems for the working academicians and engineers. A new PG program in Power Electronic Systems is introduced in the year 2008. The Part-Time Ph.D. program in Electrical Engineering is being offered since 1972.
The Department has twenty regular faculty members who are highly experienced and actively involved in research activities. The Department is also equipped with state-of-art equipment and well qualified technical staff. Apart from regular academic activities, the Department faculty is involved in various professional activities like publishing their research findings in prestigious conferences and journals, delivering expert lectures at various conferences and important seminars, chairing technical sessions at conferences abroad and reviewing of papers of good quality journals. The department is accredited by NBA for 5 years from year 2013 for BE(EEE) program.